Club House (1942) & State Historical Marker
This building, a WWII army barracks from the Tonopah Air Base, was moved here in 1950 to serve as a community center. It has hosted social activities, church services, and the first Citizens Advisory Council Meetings. From 1988-1999, a corner of the building held the post office. In the late 1980s, the county built the community center next to the school. Since then, all the public functions have moved to the new facility, in the Goodsprings Community Park. The Goodsprings Historical Society opens the old club house during community celebrations for special historical displays.
The state marker focuses on the Goodsprings (formally Yellow Pine) Mining District and its rich mining history. Although lead and zinc mines yielded the highest values, gold, silver and copper production was significant. Minor amounts of platinum, cobalt, vanadium, tungsten and rare earths are also found in the district, which stretches north to Potosi Mine and south to the California Border.
Welcome to the Walking Tour
** All locations are privately owned, please respect private property.